Not so long ago Apple celebrated its tenth anniversary App Store. Few people know that App Store might not have appeared if not for the hackers who hacked the first iPhone in July 2007.
Cydia has been inseparable from jailbreak iOS for a long time, but the first tweak installer was actually Installer.app, which was included in the very first jailbreak tool – Jailbreak Me 1.0
Today we will be talking about the future of jailbreak, not about its past. Cydia has served its purpose and now seems outdated. In addition, the creator of the application stopped updating it for new versions of the system, despite his promises. Coolstar developer managed to add support for iOS 11.1.2 – iOS 11, and then iOS 11.4 – iOS 11.3.1, however, many users still have problems with Cydia.
It's time to find a Cydia replacement. Fortunately, the Electra team has already undertaken this, which is working on an alternative to Cydia – the file manager Sileo, which will allow you to install jailbreak tweaks.
The new App Store for tweaks will also make it easier for the Electra team to work on future tools as the file manager will generate revenue for them.
Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the new application:
- Sileo will only support iOS 11 and newer.
- Purchased files can be transferred from Cydia to Sileo.
- Payments to Sileo will be made in the Packix / Chariz / Dynastic repositories; these repositories will use standard APIs with the price of the file, the status of the purchase and its completion.
- Repositories will be able to publish paid files to Sileo.
- All your installed tweaks won't stop working when you switch to Sileo.
Coolstar has posted a video to prove how easy Sileo works.
This is how easy it is to authenticate and link your device with Packix on Sileo pic.twitter.com/0VsFXAA1xB
– Andrew Wiik (@Andywiik) July 16, 2018
The Electra team did not provide an exact release date for the tool, but we will definitely inform you about its release. It's a shame to say goodbye to Cydia, but at the same time I can't wait to see how Sileo will work.