Most users flip through the news feed Facebook when they have nothing to do. However, the application Facebook is not always comfortable to use. Below we will tell you how to optimize Facebook to iPhone, disable annoying functions and make scrolling more convenient.
- 1. Disable autoplay video
- 2. Using a password to authenticate to Facebook
- 3. Saving links and interesting publications
- 4. Optimizing the app Facebook for less battery consumption
- Disable 'Content Update' for the application Facebook on the phone
- Disable geolocation for an app Facebook
- Changing free storage space iPhone for an application Facebook
- 6. Who can see your messages in the feed
- 7. How to hide notifications in your news feed
1. Disable autoplay video
Watching videos in the news feed Facebook is the main entertainment for users of the social network. However, it is always possible to watch videos non-stop: the Internet package on your tariff plan was quickly used up, and you could not find free Wi-Fi.
Facebook introduced the “Autoplay” feature of videos in news feed and articles, which is not always appropriate and wastes your traffic. It is not easy to disable this feature in the app Facebook, so here's how to do it.
- Click “More” and select “Settings”.
- Select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for the web page to load. Select “Videos & Photos” from the list.
- In “Video Setting” select “Autoplay”.
- Click “Turn off video autoplay”.
2. Using a password to authenticate to Facebook
If you are not always logged in to Facebook, there is an easier way to do this — use a 4-digit password.
Sometimes you will get a message about enabling this function in the login window.
To enable the option, click “More” and select “Exit”.
A window with your profile photo will appear in front of you. Click on the gear icon and select “Add Passcode”. Come up with a 4-digit number, enter it in the field. Go back and click on the photo with your profile, the application will ask you to enter a 4-digit password.
3. Saving links and interesting publications
Facebook has a built-in tool for adding bookmarks. You can save all the most interesting from the pages Facebook and then return to interesting articles.
When you see any news in the feed, click on the checkmark on the side and select “Save Link”. And when you visit a web page in the app, click “Save” at the top of the page.
To access your saved news and links, click More and select Saved.
4. Optimizing the app Facebook for less battery consumption
The app Facebook on iPhone is consuming quite a lot of battery power.
Configure the application to minimize battery consumption.
Disable 'Content Update' for the application Facebook on the phone
Open 'Settings', select 'Content Update' and next to Facebook turn off the tumbler. This will save battery power and prevent the application from running in the background.
Disable geolocation for an app Facebook
Disable geolocation for Facebook so that the app does not ask for your location in the background.
In 'Settings' go to 'Privacy', then select 'Geolocation Services'. Search for the app Facebook and select 'Never'.
Changing free storage space iPhone for an application Facebook
Over time, the application Facebook starts to take up a lot of space on the phone. To check this, open 'Settings', select 'General', then 'Storage and iCloud'. Click 'Manage'.
Find the app Facebook in the list and select it. You will see how much space the application takes. If the app takes up too much space, uninstall and reinstall it.
6. Who can see your messages in the feed
If you do not want other users to see your messages in the feed or other information, go to the profile of the person you need, click the 'Friends' button and select 'Edit Friends List' from the menu. Check the box next to 'Familiar'.
Repeat the steps in the profiles of the people with whom you do not want to share the news.
Open 'More', tap 'Settings', then 'Account Settings'.
Click on 'Privacy', 'Who can see your posts in the future?', Select 'Friends except acquaintances'.
7. How to hide notifications in your news feed
One of the handy features of the app Facebook is an item in the 'Notifications' menu, which displays all updates. But even there it is very easy to get confused.
Go to the 'Notifications' menu, slide the news to the left: you can 'Hide' the notification or press 'More'. In 'More' you can block notifications for a specific page, groups and so on.