Today Apple released iOS 11.2 with a fix for a respring / reload bug that was affecting thousands of iPhone owners worldwide. In addition, the update includes support for 7.5W fast wireless charging for iPhone X and iPhone 8.
iOS 11.2 is the second major system update iOS 11 with several important changes and new features. In addition to wireless charging and bug fixes, the update has a new feature Apple Pay Cash, which allows you to send money to friends and family through the Messages application.
When it comes to wireless charging, you will need to buy a suitable fast charger to use the fast speed. Another change iOS 11.2 – a small bar under the status bar on the lock screen iPhone X, which tells users about the location of the Control Center. In addition, there is a new camera emoji, new live wallpapers for iPhone X, a 'Sports' tab in the TV app, and more.
Apple Pay Cash (US only)
Added the ability to request, send and receive money transfers Apple Pay in the 'Messages' program or by asking Siri.
Other improvements and bug fixes
– Added support for faster wireless charging iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with supported third party accessories.
– Introduced three new live wallpapers for iPhone X.
– Improved video camera stabilization.
– Added support for automatic skipping to the next episode in a show in Podcasts.
– Added support for a new data type in HealthKit – Downhill Distances for Winter Sports.
– Fixed a bug due to which the 'Mail' program could continue to check for new messages even after the download was completed.
– Fixed an issue where deleted notifications from Exchange accounts in Mail could appear again.
– Improved the stability of the Calendar.
– Fixed an issue where a white screen might appear when launching Settings.
– Fixed a bug due to which it was not possible to swipe to the Today screen or to the camera from the lock screen.
– Fixed an issue that could prevent music controls from showing on the lock screen.
– Fixed a bug that could lead to incorrect placement of application icons on the Home screen.
– Fixed an issue due to which users could not delete recent photos if the storage iCloud ran out of free space.
– Fixed a bug due to which the map was sometimes not displayed in the 'Find iPhone' program.
– Fixed an issue where the keyboard could overlap the last message in Messages.
– An issue has been fixed where fast typing of numbers in the Calculator program could lead to incorrect calculation results.
– Fixed a problem with slow keyboard response.
– Added support for text translation of telephone calls (RTT) for deaf and hard of hearing users.
– Improved stability of VoiceOver in Messages, Settings, Music and App Store.
– Fixes an issue where incoming notifications might not be spoken in VoiceOver.
You can download and install the update iOS 11.2 to iPhone or iPad via Settings -> Basic -> Software update.
You can install iOS 11.2 'over the air', but if you have problems with this method, you can download the update via a direct link and update manually via iTunes.