Yesterday Apple reported its income for the second quarter of 2018, and the results for the last 3 months are impressive. The company exceeded Wall Street expectations and improved its sales in almost every category.
After the report was published, Tim Cook and Luca Maestri commented on the results Apple. We have collected for you the most interesting details they said.
- Apple will sell another $ 100 billion in shares and increase dividends by 16%.
- The results for this quarter broke records in both sales and income.
- The service sales record was broken.
- The number of iTunes users has exceeded 270 million.
- Apple Pay will appear in Norway, Poland and Ukraine in the next few months.
- Accessory Apple sales increased 50%. Among them are AirPods, Beats and Apple Watch.
- 99% of buyers are satisfied with the quality iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X.
- App Store broke the revenue record for this quarter.
- The number of sold iPad and their sales revenue has been growing for the fourth quarter in a row.
- There are currently 502 Apple Stores around the world.
- iPhone X became the most popular smartphone in China this quarter.
- Cook on iPhone X: 'It's like when a team wins the Super Bowl. You may have wanted them to win with a big score, but they still won. I'm as proud of my smartphone as possible. '
- Cook on Apple and health: 'I don't want to reveal too much, but this is an area where we can make big changes. It is very important for us and of great interest. '