Team Taig has just released a new version (v2.2.0) of their popular jailbreak tool for jailbreaking iOS 8.4.
Taig Jailbreak Utility is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 1 (1st generation iPad mini), iPad mini 2 (Retina iPad mini), iPad mini 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
Important points before we proceed:
- Taig jailbreak is available for Windows. Currently, Mac users will need to work in a virtual machine Windows to jailbreak Taig.
- Taig Jailbreak untethered jailbreak.
- Taig jailbreak utility can jailbreak iOS 8.4, iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- Back up your device using iCloud or iTunes. Jailbreak reportedly works in most cases, but we recommend making a backup just in case.
- Disable any antivirus and firewall software that might prevent Taig Jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
Step 1: Before getting started, please back up your device, preferably using iTunes.
Step 2: Download the latest Taig jailbreak from Taig to your computer, and unpack the zip file.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 4: Temporarily disable the password in Settings> TouchID & Password.
Step 5: Also, temporarily disable Find iPhone in Settings> iCloud> Find iPhone.
Step 6: Run the application as administrator. Right click on the Taig EXE file and select the “Run as administrator” option.
Step 7: It will take some time to discover the device. After you confirm that Taig has correctly detected the firmware version, uncheck 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (Analog App Store from Taig), just below Cydia 1.1.18.
Step 8: Click on the green Start button to continue. A round indicator appears.
Step 9: After the jailbreak is complete, the device will automatically reboot and you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen. The Taig jailbreak utility will also tell you, “Jailbreak succeeded!”
After successfully jailbreaking your device, remember to re-enable Find & Passwords iPhone.