The Taig team today released a new version of their popular jailbreak tool Windows, with which you can jailbreak iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3.
Jailbreak Taig iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
- IpadAir 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- IPad mini 1 (1st generation), iPad mini 2 (Retina), iPad mini 3
- IPod touch 5th generation
Important points before we proceed:
- Taig jailbreak is available for Windows. Currently, Mac users will have to run Windows in a virtual machine to use the Taig jailbreak. We will definitely write as soon as Taig for Mac is released.
- This jailbreak is untethered.
- Taig 2.0 can jailbreak IOS 8.3, IOS 8.2 and IOS 8.1.3.
- Back up your device using iCloud or iTunes for backup.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus and firewall software that might prevent Taig Jailbreak from connecting to the Internet.
Step 1: Before getting started, please back up your device, preferably using iTunes.
Step 2: Download the latest Taig jailbreak, download jailbreak iOS 8.3 – 8.1.3 to your computer, and unzip the zip file.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 4: Temporarily disable password protection in Settings> Touch ID & Password.
Step 5: Also, temporarily disable “Find mine iPhone” in Settings> iCloud> Find iPhone.
Step 6: Run the downloaded application as an administrator. Right click on TaiGJBreak_EN.exe and select the “Run as administrator” option.
Step 7: Taig will take some time to detect the device. After you confirm that it shows the correct firmware version, uncheck the box just below Cydia 1.1.16 – 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (Analog App Store from Taig).
Step 8: Click on the green Start button to continue. You will see a round indicator.
Note: If Taig gets stuck at 30% or so, don't worry, wait 20-30 minutes, the jailbreak process may take some time if you are jailbreaking in a virtual machine.
Step 9: After the jailbreak is complete, the device will automatically reboot and you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen. Taig Jailbreak Utility – “Jailbreak Succeeded!”
After successfully jailbreaking your device, be sure to re-enable the password and Find iPhone function.
Note that Cydia is not yet compatible with iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3, so most jailbreak apps and tweaks will not work. But we expect Saurik to release a new version of Cydia soon, which will be compatible with iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3.
How to fix the error “Apple Driver not found error” during jailbreak iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3
To fix the problem, you need to install iTunes 12.1.2 64-bit for Windows (for older video cards). Do the following:
- Download iTunes 12.1.2 from this link.
- Double click on the itunes64setup.exe file.
- Install iTunes as you normally would and follow the instructions. Your iTunes library will not be affected.
Jailbreak process stuck at 20% -30% or error -1101
If the jailbreak process is 20% stuck, check all the points of this manual, and make sure to complete all the points.
If Taig gets stuck and does not respond after 30 minutes or after an hour, you are prompted to try jailbreak on another computer.
Some tips you should do if you encounter this problem:
? Disable the password by going to Settings> TouchID and password.
? Disable Find iPhone by going to Settings> iCloud> Find iPhone.
? Set the Auto-Lock to Never by going to Settings> General> Auto-Lock.
? And also run the Taig executable file as administrator by right-clicking on it and clicking on “Run as administrator”.
If you have iOS 8.3 and you updated “over the air” and the jailbreak fails, then try installing the firmware using iTunes. Direct links and instructions for installing via iTunes iOS 8.3 can be found here. And then try jailbreak again iOS 8.3.
If something doesn't work out for you, let us know in the comments.