We recently wrote that nitoTV has released a tool for installing tweaks on various versions of tvOS. It is a file manager similar to Cydia for iOS and requires a jailbreak. If you have tvOS 10.2.2. you can use the greeng0blin tool. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to use it.
At the moment, the tvOS 10.2.2 firmware file is still being signed Apple, so you have the option to roll back from a newer version.
How to jailbreak greeng0blin on Apple TV 4
1) Go to the official nitoTV website and download the greeng0blin. There is no need to download the nitoTV installer separately, as it is built into the jailbreak itself.
2) Connect your Apple TV 4 to your computer using the USB-C cable.
3) Download Cydia Impactor and run it on your computer. She should find yours Apple TV.
4) Drag the file greeng0blin.ipa into the program window and enter your Apple ID with a password.
5) The application will be downloaded to your Apple TV. Wait for the download to finish. If the application icon appears on the home screen, then you can ignore the error messages.
6) Run the greeng0blin app and click the jailbreak button in the center of the screen to start the installation.
7) The jailbreak installation will start. Note that the process may fail several times, but there is nothing you can do about it, so try again. On average, jailbreak is triggered 4-6 times, but sometimes the number of attempts can reach 15.
8) After successful installation, a window with a request for respring will appear. Confirm the action. Next, you will need to change your SSH passwords.
9) After changing the SSH passwords, check if the tool worked. The screen should look like this:
You should see a confirmation message: jailbroke yo! If you have any problems with the jailbreak, click the Reinstall Bootstrap button. However, don't use it unnecessarily.
10) The nitoTV app should also appear on the home screen.
To remove the jailbreak, simply uninstall the greeng0blin app and restart your Apple TV 4.