The beta testing program Apple allows regular users to install beta versions iOS, macOS and tvOS on their devices without a developer account.
The process of installing public beta versions on iPhone, iPad and Mac using a software update or Mac App Store is rather complicated and requires certain settings.
Fortunately, joining the tvOS beta program is a lot easier, requiring just a couple of clicks. Next, we'll show you how to install the tvOS public beta on your Apple TV Gen 4.
How to install tvOS public beta on Apple TV
Before installing the beta version on your device, you need to register in the beta testing program Apple and connect yours Apple TV so that it can receive updates.
1) Go to beta.apple.com using your web browser and click on the blue Sign Up button at the bottom of the screen.
2) Enter your username Apple ID and password to register for the Beta Program Apple.
3) Read the agreement and then click on the blue Accept button at the bottom.
4) Congratulations, you've just become a public beta tester! Now you need to enter the same Apple ID on your Apple TV. Go to Settings → Accounts.
5) Under the line with Apple ID, log into one of your accounts (iCloud, iTunes and App Store or Game Center) using the same Apple ID that you entered to register in the program.
6) Now go to Settings → System → Software update on your device, and you will notice that there is a new option Get Public Beta Updates. Click on it with Siri Remote Touch and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
7) Now your Apple TV will automatically receive the latest public beta versions of tvOS. If you have Automatic Updates enabled in your settings, the device will immediately download and install the public beta version of tvOS.
As before, you can manually check for tvOS beta updates by going to Settings → System → Software Updates on your Apple TV.
A common caveat: don't install beta updates on the devices you use for work. Beta versions of tvOS may have bugs, so the device may malfunction and stop supporting some applications.