At the launch, “Hey Siri” Apple announced that the long awaited iOS 9 will be out on September 16th. Apple also released iOS 9 GM for developers so they can submit their apps to iOS 9 in App Store.
Since this is the final version of iOS 9, you can install iOS 9 now without the need to register with the Developer UDID or public beta if you find the corresponding IPSW file iOS 9 for your device iOS.
Before installing iOS 9 GM, please read some important points:
- Even though iOS 9 GM is a public release, the risks associated with installing the beta still remain, install iOS at your own risk.
- Download IPSW files for iOS 9 only from trusted sources. You install iOS at your own risk. The most trusted source for downloading an IPSW file iOS 9 is to get the file from your friend with a developer account Apple.
- Be sure to back up your device using iCloud or iTunes so that you can recover your personal data if something goes wrong during the update.
How to set iOS 9 to iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
To update iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 9, download the IPSW file iOS 9 for your device and do the following actions:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your Mac or Windows PC.
- In iTunes, select your device in the upper left corner and go to the Summary tab.
- Hold down the Option Alt key (or the Shift key in Windows) click the Refresh button.
- Then select the downloaded .ipsw file to install iOS 9 Beta and click Open.
- iTunes may inform you that it will update your device to iOS 9. Click OK to continue.
- Swipe right to proceed with the update.
- The device will reboot again and you will see a welcome prompt. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
That's all. Your device has been updated to iOS 9 (technically it's iOS 9 GM).
Note that the public build number iOS 9 will most likely be the same as the build number iOS 9 GM (13A340), so you don't have to do anything even when iOS 9 (September 16).