Following yesterday's public release of iOS 10.2.1, Apple has released the next version of its mobile operating system for developers.
Apple released the first beta version iOS 10.3 for developers. It is possible that the release will have several important changes and additions, considering this to be a major update.
We will update this post as we discover new features and capabilities.
Previously, there were rumors that iOS 10.3 will come with a new Theatrical Mode, which can be accessed via a dedicated button in the Control Center.
What's new in iOS 10.3:
- The first test build of the new firmware is 14E5230e.
- The update is available for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s / 5c / 5, iPod touch 6G, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and iPad mini 2, 3 and 4.
- You can download iOS 10.3 beta 1 from the website Apple for developers and through the built-in update system directly on gadgets.
- The update size iOS 10.3 beta 1 is about 2 GB.
- To use the first beta iOS 10.3, you need to have iTunes 12.5 or later installed.
- New Find My AirPods feature in the Find iPhone app.
- Enhanced support for HomeKit accessories.
- Siri now knows about cricket games from the Indian Premier League and the International Cricket Council.
- The Safari browser now supports Reduce Motion in web applications.
- New security section with all the user's gadgets and two-factor authentication.
- The Podcasts application will have its own widget.
- A new framework for developers to display a system window for quick user evaluation of applications. Added option to disable in 'iTunes Store and App Store' section.
- 'Dark interface mode' turned out to be 'Cinema' mode for Apple Watch.
- In iOS 10.3, devices migrated to the next generation file system Apple File System (APFS).