Soon after the report at WWDC 2017 Apple released the first beta version iOS 11 for compatible models iPhone and iPad. Aimed only at the developer community, it gives them the chance to get an early look at the environment to which they will need to adapt their applications later this year.
For developers, beta iOS 11 contains many bugs and bugs. If that doesn't stop you, you can install it on your device even without a developer account.
But first, check out the list of 11 bugs found in iOS and think carefully if it's worth it.
Problems identified to date
- Auto brightness on iPhone does not function.
- It takes a long time to launch third-party applications for an unknown reason.
- The button to clear the alert list is not displayed when you open it from the home screen.
- The 'share' functionality does not work in the new Messages.
- Apps cannot be disabled in Messages.
- The old icon App Store still appears in the 'Settings' menu.
- Ad blocking does not work in Safari.
- The lock screen music widget does not automatically update.
- The battery widget is displayed even if there is no connection via Bluetooth.
- Switching to the FaceTime camera in the Camera app doesn't work.
- You need to manually close App Store to get app updates.
- In landscape orientation, the night mode switch is covered by the panel.
- 3D Touch does not work fully when switching applications.
- Messages are sent to the cloud only after several attempts.
- Recovery from iCloud may not work correctly.
- The indicator Bluetooth in the control center is always in the off position.
- Funnily enough, the error reporting mechanism doesn't work either.
- iPhone SE users notice that launching the Phone app while on a call causes the phone to hang.
- Playing in Amazon Prime Video may not function correctly.
- Third-party on-screen keyboards are unstable and require a full set of permissions.
Of course the first beta iOS 11 also has performance issues, especially on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro. Most of the listed bugs will be fixed by the time the final OS is released in September.
If, while working with the beta version iOS 11, you encounter problems that are not listed in this list, please report it in the comments below.