Apple has released its fifth beta iOS 11 to registered developers. The update contains several bug fixes and improvements. Luckily, like previous beta versions, iOS 11 beta 5 can be installed without a developer account or computer.
In addition to bug fixes, the update contains a new system for syncing Safari bookmarks and reading list. Apple also solved problems with the button Bluetooth in the control room and with the work 3D Touch. Several new problems are listed in the postscript. For example, Tweetbot sometimes won't tweet recently taken photos, and apps like Citi Mobile crash on launch.
If you're frustrated that you don't have a developer account and can't install iOS 11, you'll be pleased with the easy way to get the developer beta without it. What's more, the steps don't require a computer and you only need your iPhone or iPad. Alternatively, you can register for the beta testing program. The public iOS 11 beta 4 is expected to be released in a day or two.
If you have already installed iOS 11 beta:
- Reinstall the iOS Beta Software profile by clicking on this link.
- Note: If the download link stopped working, try an alternative. Select option iOS 11 Beta and install the updated profile. [The link will lead to the advertising page. You will need to click 'skip' to proceed to download.]
- Click on Download.
- On the profile installation screen, select Install.
- Reboot your device, and after rebooting you will see the update file iOS 11 Beta 5 when you go to Settings> General> Software Update and click 'download and install'.
If you are installing iOS 11 beta for the first time:
Step 1: From your device, follow this link. Open it in Safari, not another browser or app.
- If you have any problems with the link, you can download the profile from Yandex Disk.
Step 2: Select option iOS 11 (Beta). The profile is called 'iOS 11 (Beta 4)' so far, but it works for Beta 5 as well.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the ad page. Skip it and download the profile.
Step 4: Next, you will be directed to the 'iOS Beta Software Profile', you will need to click Install three times and choose to reboot.
Step 5: When your iPhone or iPad finishes rebooting, go to Settings> General> Software Update, and the update file iOS 11 beta should be available for download. If the update does not appear, wait a couple of minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, restart your device again.
After downloading the update file over the air, install it like any other update iOS.
iOS 11 is the latest system update and its main goal is to improve productivity iPad. The update iOS 11 brings together the lock screen and notification center, introduces an updated control center, and adds some changes to the standard apps. There are also design changes on iOS 11. The design of iOS 7 was made in minimalism, and in iOS 11 the main size and volume. The new design is most noticeable in the updated App Store.
You may also be interested in the following articles about iOS 11:
- iOS 11 Beta 4: 15 new features and changes
- 10 new features of the note app in iOS 11
- Top 10 Performance Enhancing Features iPad by iOS 11