While iPhone X is in the spotlight, iPhone 8 will sell much more for several reasons.
If you have iPhone 7 and do not know whether to buy iPhone 8, below you will find a detailed comparison of the two models, on the basis of which you can make a decision.
- The body iPhone 8 is made of glass and the bezels are made of aluminum.
- iPhone 7 has an aluminum body.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 look the same from the front.
- The design differences are visible on the back.
- iPhone 8 is slightly taller (138.4mm versus 138.3mm), thicker (7.3mm versus 7.1mm) and wider (67.3mm versus 67.1mm).
- It's also slightly heavier at 148g versus 138g iPhone 7.
- Both phones are water and dust resistant with IP67 certification.
- On iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 4.7-inch LCD is Retina HD display.
- Both phones have a resolution of 1334 x 750 with 326 ppi.
- Both support 3D Touch, a wide range of colors, and their maximum brightness is 625.
- Retina HD display on iPhone 8 supports True Tone technology.
- The display automatically adjusts the brightness to match the ambient light.
Processor and memory
- Powered by iPhone 8 six-core A11 Bionic processor.
- The processor includes a dual-core neural system and an M11 motion coprocessor.
- It is the first processor with its own GPU from Apple.
- On iPhone 7 A10 Fusion processor.
- It also has an M10 coprocessor.
- iPhone 8 is available with 64GB and 256GB of storage.
- iPhone 7 is available with 32GB and 128GB of storage.
- Both phones have 2GB of RAM.
- On iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 12MP camera with f / 1.8 aperture.
- iPhone 8 has a newer sensor and faster autofocus and better pixel quality.
- Both cameras support optical image stabilization.
- On iPhone 8, Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync technology.
- On iPhone 7 only Quad-LED True Tone flash.
- iPhone 8 can record 4K videos at 60fps and Full HD at 240fps.
- iPhone 7 can record videos in 4K at 30fps and in Full HD at 120fps.
- Both models have a front-facing 7MP FaceTime HD camera.
- iPhone 8 supports Bluetooth 5.0.
- iPhone 7 only supports Bluetooth 4.2.
- Both phones support LTE-A, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi calling.
- iPhone 8 also contains NFC with read mode.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 have a second generation Touch ID sensor.
Battery and charging
- The duration of the phones is the same.
- Both can play sounds for 40 hours and videos for 13 hours.
- iPhone 8 supports fast charging and can be charged up to 50% in 30 minutes.
- iPhone 7 does not support fast charging.
- iPhone 8 also supports Qi wireless charging.
- iPhone 8 is available in three colors: silver, space gray, gold.
- iPhone 7 is available in Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold.