Apple just officially released iOS 9.2, the second major update for iOS 9. It includes a large number of bug fixes and various improvements, including Mail Drop support for Mail, improvements Apple Music and support for USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos to iPhone.
The complete list of changes in iOS 9.2 is as follows:
- Improvements Apple Music
- When adding a song to a playlist, you can now create a new playlist.
- When you add songs to playlists, the last modified playlist is displayed at the top of the list.
- Download albums and playlists to the library iCloud by touching the download button from iCloud.
- A new loading indicator next to each song in the “My Music” and “Playlists” sections makes it possible to see which songs have been loaded.
- Ability to see titles of works, names of composers and performers when viewing classical music in the Apple Music catalog.
- The new Top Stories section in News keeps you on top of the day's highlights (available in the US, UK and Australia).
- Mail Drop feature in Mail for sending large attachments.
- iBooks now supports 3D Touch for focusing (Peek) and showing pop-ups (Pop) on TOC pages, Notes and Bookmarks, and in book search results.
- iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook at the same time while browsing your library, reading other books, and browsing the iBooks Store.
- Supports USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos to iPhone.
- Improved Safari stability.
- Improved stability of the Podcasts app.
- Fixed a bug that caused the lack of access to attachments for some users of Pop mail accounts.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to overlay attachments with text in emails.
- Fixed an issue where Live Photos could turn off after restoring from a previous backup iCloud.
- Fixed an issue that could potentially result in missing search results in Contacts.
- Addressed issue that could prevent Calendar from showing all seven days in Week view.
- Fixed a bug where the Camera screen on iPad could turn black when trying to record video.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to instability in the “Activity” program when viewing the day of daylight saving time.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the display of data in the Health program.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and alerts from showing on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where after updating iOS the alarm might not sound.
- Fixed a bug due to which some users could not enter the “Find iPhone”.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some backups from completing iCloud.
- Fixed an issue where using coaviature iPad could unintentionally trigger typing mode.
- Improved keyboard responsiveness when using the Quick Reply function.
- Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin and Stroke) keyboard, with a new enhanced look for punctuation marks and better display options.
- Fixed bug with enabled upper case when typing in URL or e-mail fields on Cyrillic keyboards.
- Accessibility improvements
- Fixed bug with VoiceOver when using face detection in Camera.
- Added support for waking the screen from sleep using VoiceOver.
- Added support for turning on the program switcher by gesture 3D Touch in VoiceOver.
- Fixed Guided Access bug when trying to end phone calls.
- Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch.
- Fixed issue with speech rate on Screen Aloud.
- Support Siri Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates).
iOS 9.2 also includes bug fixes and improvements to the Safari View Controller, a new Safari window that opens when you click on a link in an application. Third-party Action Extensions now work with Safari View Controller, the controller can be closed with a swipe. Also in SVC there were functions for restarting the page without blocking content and loading the page in the desktop version, similar to those already available in the browser itself.
Была добавлена поддержка NumberSync для AT&T, позволяющая другим устройствам, таким как Mac и iPad, делать и принимать звонки без подключения к iPhone.
If you find any new undocumented features or changes in iOS 9.2, be sure to report them in the comments!