Apple has released the tenth beta iOS 11 for developers. The first beta came out immediately after the Worldwide Developers Conference in June this year. The update is for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
According to the postscript to the update, on iOS 11 beta 10, bugs were fixed and improvements were added. In previous beta versions Apple added the 'do not disturb while driving' feature. The update also includes a new sync system for Safari bookmarks and Reading List. Problems with the button Bluetooth in the control room, with 3D Touch and with sensors have been fixed. Several new problems are mentioned in the postscript. For example, Tweetbot can't tweet recently taken photos, and apps like Citi Mobile crash on launch.
iOS 11 is the latest update iOS focused on improving productivity iPad. iOS 11 will merge the lock screen and notification center, finally present a new control center and add major or minor changes to the design of standard applications. In iOS 11 there will also be an overarching design change. In iOS 7 the main thing was minimalism and the small size of everything, and in iOS 11 everything will be big and bold. This design reduces the compactness of information, and it is most noticeable in App Store.
For iPhone in iOS 11, many of the features introduced in iOS 10 have been improved. Here are the main ones:
- The lock screen and action center are combined so that you can now view notifications without removing the lock from your device.
- The Control Center again consists of a single screen. You can now open additional settings with 3D Touch.
- Apple redesigned the Messages app to make it easier to use. Now from within the app you can use to pay for other users.
- Potential final solution to sync issues: Messages, Siri and photos will now sync across all your devices via iCloud.
- Siri now has a more believable voice, supports translation and also contains a small design update. Also Siri can make lists and search applications by QR code.
- App Store received a completely new design and became similar to Apple Music. Added separate tabs for viewing game apps and updates.
- Do Not Disturb While Driving automatically turns off all notifications while driving.
- Now, when you take a screenshot, a small preview will appear in the lower left corner of the screen. Click on it and the editor will open immediately.
- The Files app will replace iCloud Drive.
To see how all of these updates work, read our blog post covering the best iOS 11 features for iPhone.
iPad finally paid attention to productivity.
- There's a new Mac-style dock that lets you add more than six icons and also shows you recent apps.
- The app can now be opened by pulling it out of the dock.
- There is a new switcher between apps that integrates with the dock, control center and apps.
- You will finally be able to drag and drop files, links, text and images between the two applications.
- With Apple Pencil, you can now draw anywhere in Notes and Mail.
- Use the pencil to touch the lock screen and the device will immediately open the last used note.
To learn more about how the new exclusive features iPad work, read the article on the 11 best features iOS for iPad.
We also wrote about minor and hidden features iOS 11 like screen recording, control center customization and the ability to write Siri messages.
If you need help, read our article on how to install iOS 11 Beta 2 for free without a developer account and computer.