Today the company Apple has released the third major software update for devices iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for general use. 6 months after debut in September 2016 and two months after the last update of the current version iOS 10.2.1, now iOS 10.3 is available in 'Settings' via the update mechanism of the 'Software Updates' service and in the desktop version of the 'iTunes' application.
Version iOS 10.3 (Build 14E277) offers several new functionality and improvements.
Namely: 'Find My AirPods' for detecting headphones, a completely new file system, an updated List of compatible applications in the 'Settings' for identifying 32-bit applications, a redesigned section on working with the service' iCloud 'in' Settings and more.
What's new in iOS 10.3?
According to the changelog from Apple, the updated version iOS 10.3 offers new 'tricks', including the ability to detect headphones' AirPods' using the 'Find my iPhone 'and new ways to use the service' Siri 'when making payments, when ordering a taxi and in applications of car manufacturers.
Here is the complete changelog:
Service 'Find iPhone'
- View the last and current location of your headphones AirPods
- Play a sound signal in one or both headphones AirPods for faster detection
- Supports payment and check of payment status in payment applications
- Supports 'Schedule' function in taxi ordering apps
- Supports checking the remaining fuel in the car tanks, checking locks, turning on the lights and playing the horn in car manufacturer applications
- Checking the results in the games played in cricket and viewing the statistics of the games, under the auspices of the 'International Cricket Council'.
- Quick links in the menu for a list of recently used applications
- On the screen 'Apple Music Now Playing' you can view the next track and exit to the entire album of the currently playing track.
- Daily updated playlists and new items in various service categories 'Apple Music'
Other improvements and fixes
- One-time rent in iTunes and play this video content on all your devices
- New unified view of settings, information and connected devices for your account Apple ID
- Updated hourly weather forecast when using 3D Touch gestures at the current location temperature in Maps
- Support for finding 'parked car' in Maps
- The Calendar application allows you to remove unwanted invitation and mark it as spam.
- The standard applications allow the execution of the script of actions using accessories and buttons.
- Stock apps allow you to check the battery status of accessories
- Podcasts app supports '3D Touch' gestures and 'Today' widget to access updated episodes
- Added the ability to share an episode from the 'Podcast' app via the 'Messages' app with playback support
- Fixed a bug that prevented your current location from being displayed after making changes to the 'Location & Privacy' settings
- Improved VoiceOver in Phone, Safari, and Mail.
For information regarding security in iOS 10.3, read the document from Apple.