Apple released its third beta iOS 11 for developers to test. The first beta version Apple was released immediately after WWDC Keynote, a little over two weeks ago, and we already have guesses about major system software updates for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
According to the report, in iOS 11 beta 3, bugs have been fixed and some improvements have been added. Apple added 'do not disturb while driving' option back in previous beta. A new system for syncing Safari bookmarks and reading list has also been added, this should improve not only the synchronization itself, but also the level of security. In addition, Apple solved problems with the button Bluetooth in the control room and with 3D Touch. The report says that there are several new problems. For example, Tweetbot may not be able to tweet recent photos, and apps like Citi Mobile won't even launch.
iOS 11 is the latest update iOS focused on improving productivity iPad. iOS 11 will merge the lock screen and notification center, finally present a new control center and add major or minor changes to the design of standard applications. In iOS 11 there will also be an overarching design change. In iOS 7 the main thing was minimalism and the small size of everything, and in iOS 11 everything will be big and bold. This design reduces the compactness of information, and it is most noticeable in App Store.
For iPhone in iOS 11, many of the features introduced in iOS 10 have been improved. Here are the main ones:
- The lock screen and action center are combined so that you can now view notifications without removing the lock from your device.
- The Control Center again consists of a single screen. You can now open additional settings with 3D Touch.
- Apple redesigned the Messages app to make it easier to use. Now from within the app you can use to pay for other users.
- Potential final solution to sync issues: Messages, Siri and photos will now sync across all your devices via iCloud.
- Siri now has a more believable voice, supports translation and also contains a small design update. Also Siri can make lists and search applications by QR code.
- App Store received a completely new design and became similar to Apple Music. Added separate tabs for viewing game apps and updates.
- Do Not Disturb While Driving automatically turns off all notifications while driving.
- Now, when you take a screenshot, a small preview will appear in the lower left corner of the screen. Click on it and the editor will open immediately.
- The Files app will replace iCloud Drive.
To see how all of these updates work, read our blog post covering the best iOS 11 features for iPhone.
iPad finally paid attention to productivity.
- There's a new Mac-style dock that lets you add more than six icons and also shows you recent apps.
- The app can now be opened by pulling it out of the dock.
- There is a new switcher between apps that integrates with the dock, control center and apps.
- You will finally be able to drag and drop files, links, text and images between the two applications.
- With Apple Pencil, you can now draw anywhere in Notes and Mail.
- Use the pencil to touch the lock screen and the device will immediately open the last used note.
To learn more about how the new exclusive features iPad work, read the article on the 11 best features iOS for iPad.
We also wrote about minor and hidden features iOS 11 like screen recording, control center customization and the ability to write Siri messages.