It's not uncommon for Apple to introduce new features that we saw on the jailbreak forum and then implemented in the next big update iOS. So it's no surprise that if you look at the beta iOS 10, you can see some familiar features / tweaks that jailbreakers have been using for quite some time. Here is a list of jailbreak tweaks that we found in iOS 10.
If you want to see these features in comparison iOS 10 versus the hacked iOS 9, be sure to watch the video below!
Functions iOS 10 and jailbreak tweaks
- Function iOS 10 – Raise to wake up
- Jailbreak Tweak – Faceoff
The wake up to wake function became available on the jaybreaker forum since iOS 7. Basically, it allows you to wake up your device without having to press any buttons, but simply by lifting it.
- Function iOS 10 – Stickers in messages
- Jailbreak Tweak – StickerMe
The ability to use stickers when messaging isn't new to some messaging apps, but it's a new feature for messaging in iOS 10. While we don't have the exact same feature, there is an option to use stickers Facebook in the Messages app along with the StickerMe tweak.
- Function iOS 10 – Control Center Page
- Jailbreak Tweak – Auxo
The Control Center in iOS 10 now has two tabs. One for buttons and quick launch of applications, brightness control, etc., and the other for music control. The way it should be. Of course the Auxo tweak gave us this feature a few years ago.
- Function iOS 10 – 3D Touch for weather app
- Jailbreak Tweak – Shortcuts
This is a handy little function that allows you to use 3D Touch for the weather app, giving you important weather information. The Shortcuts jailbreak tweak, along with several other tweaks, did the exact same function.
- Function iOS 10 – Draw in messages
- Jailbreak Tweak – Grafiti
Drawing in posts? How about Grafiti since 2012? I'm not saying that Grafiti is on par with drawing in posts, but the idea has been around for about 4 years.
- Feature iOS 10 – Remove standard applications
- Jailbreak Tweak -HideMeX, Springtomize
Almost everyone had a folder of 'useless' apps that just hung out as unused apps in stock if you were using stock firmware. If the firmware was jailbroken, then tweaks like HideMeX or Springtomize allowed you to hide selected and even all applications you wanted.
- Feature iOS 10 – Lock Screen Widgets
- Jailbreak Tweak – LockHTML
Widgets were a toy of the company Apple in iOS 9, but this is what users have wanted for a long time. This was the beauty of jailbreak. Without waiting for Apple to implement the function for 3 years, they could be obtained right now. LockHTML and other widget tweaks have been around for quite some time.
- Feature iOS 10 – Redesign Control Center
- Jailbreak Tweak – Floater
The new control center design in iOS 10 looks pretty good. But a flexible control center for a jailbreak is not at all what is presented in the new iOS 10. Using the Floater tweak made it possible to get a 'floating' appearance of the control center, as well as some other elements of the user interface.
- Function iOS 10 – Change button color
- Jailbreak Tweak – Cream
Cream tweak gives the same color effect as iOS 10 when you enable buttons in the notification center.
- Feature iOS 10 – 3D touch for quick launch applications
- Jailbreak Tweak – QuickCenter
While this feature is a little lackluster, it's still cool. You can now use 3D touch for Quick Launch Apps in your Control Center for more options. But you already have this same feature with a tweak called QuickCenter.
- Function iOS 10 – Clear all notifications
- Jailbreak Tweak – 3D touch to clear all notifications
Although the name of the tweak is not very impressive, it gives exactly the same ability to clear all notifications using 3D touch in the notification center.
- Feature iOS 10 – Redesign notifications
- Jailbreak Tweak – WatchNotifications
If you are looking for a similar design that is available for notifications in iOS 10, then you should check out the WatchNotifcations tweak. While not exactly the same, it gives you a pretty close cue.
- Function iOS 10 – Dark mode of watch application
- Jailbreak Tweak – Eclipse
Dark mode for iOS is the most interesting feature that I am looking forward to in iOS 10. While this feature was not widely used by the system, the clock application did get a dark mode, and we have to expect dark mode for all apps in later beta versions. If you want this mode now and you have jailbroken firmware, just download the Eclipse tweak to access dark mode on your device.