Apple released Watch OS 1.0.1. This is the first software update for Apple Watch. It includes a number of performance improvements and bug fixes.
Here is the complete changelog for Watch OS 1.0.1:
- Improved performance for:
- Activity measurement
- Calorie Calories for Cycling and Rowing Workouts
- Calculate distances and speeds during outdoor walking and running workouts
- Third party apps
- Added support for new Emoji characters.
- Additional language support:
- Brazilian Protuguese
- Russian (including Russian Siri for Apple Watch)
You can install the update using the app Apple Watch on iPhone. Run the application Apple Watch, click on General> Software update to install the update on your iPhone.
After the update, Apple Watch now shows the battery percentage when you plug them into the charger. Small but welcome improvement.
When you launch the workout app and select OutdoorWalking, you will receive the following message prompting you to take iPhone and accumulate 20 minutes of outdoor walks: