With the new 'Walkie Talkie' app on Apple Watch you can communicate with your family and friends with just one touch of the screen. Below we'll explain how to set up and use the app.
To use the Walkie Talkie app, both users must have Apple Watch Series 1 or newer with watchOS 5. In addition, your iPhone must have FaceTime configured for audio calling.
Please note that the Walkie Talkie app is not available in all countries and regions.
The “Walkie-talkie” application is designed to talk to each other. First you need to add a friend and wait for him to accept the invitation.
How to add a friend
1) First, open the Walkie-Talkie app on your smart watch.
2) Click the '+' icon and then find the contact you want.
3) An invitation will be sent to the selected contact. When the user accepts the invitation, his contact card in the Walkie-Talkie application will turn from gray to yellow.
How to remove a friend
1) To remove a friend from the application, swipe left on his card.
2) Press 'X'.
You can also delete contacts in the application Apple Watch for iPhone:
1) Select Walkie Talkie on the home screen and then tap Change.
2) Click '-' next to the contact you want to delete.
3) Click 'Delete'.
How to accept an invitation
If you received an invitation from someone in the Walkie Talkie app, do the following:
1) Find the invitation notification by holding down the top of the watch face and then swiping down the screen to open the Action Center.
2) Find the notification and tap it.
3) Click Always Allow.
Can't find the notification? Make sure you have do not disturb mode turned off.
How to turn on / off the walkie-talkie
1) Open the Walkie Talkie app on Apple Watch.
2) Turn on access so users can send you invitations.
If you have silent mode enabled, you will still hear user notifications and messages. The Walkie-Talkie app will not work with Do Not Disturb and Theater Mode.
How to start a conversation
1) In the application, find and select the desired contact.
2) Hold the button and start talking. When done, release the button.
If Apple Watch is currently on the recipient, he will receive a notification about your message.
You can change the volume of messages using the Digital Crown.
The Walkie Talkie app is very easy to use, just like a regular walkie talkie. To communicate, you just need to touch the screen.