Apple has released WatchOS 1.0.1 Update which includes a number of performance improvements and bug fixes.
This is the first software update for Apple Watch, here is a quick guide on how to install the update on Apple Watch.
To install the update, you need to make sure that your Apple Watch is next to your iPhone, connected to a charger and at least 50% charged. Please note that the installation process may take 20-30 minutes.
- Run application Apple Watch on iPhone.
- Click on General.
- Then click on Software Update.
- Click on Download and install.
- You will be prompted to enter your password iPhone. Enter it and click Done to continue.
- Then click on Agree, agree to the terms of the update.
- The update will start downloading on your Apple Watch. The update is 51.5MB in size for the 38mm model. It may take 10-15 minutes for the update to download.
- After successfully downloading the update, a message will appear that “Preparing” for the update has started.
- Before the installation process begins, it will check if the device is paired with iPhone and if the watch is sufficiently charged (at least 50%). This will pause the installation. Click OK after you have completed all the conditions and proceed with the installation process.
The installation process then proceeds to Apple Watch. Apple Watch the app will inform you that the update is being installed on Apple Watch.
- When the installation to Apple Watch starts, the watch will restart and the installation progress will be displayed.
- During the installation process, your Apple Watch may reboot several times. After the installation is complete, they will reboot again.
You can also watch a video on how to install Watch OS 1.0.1 on Apple Watch: