Together with iOS 11.1 Apple released a new version of watchOS.
Today Apple released watchOS 4.1 to the public. The update contains bug fixes and some improvements, as well as several new features. The main ones are the ability to listen to music without a phone and the new Radio application.
To download and install watchOS 4.1, you need to go to a special application iOS. In it, you need to go to Basic -> Software Update and follow the further instructions. After that Apple Watch you will need to connect to the charger and charge up to at least 50%, and also put iPhone next to it.
WatchOS 4.1 adds the ability to listen to Apple Music or music from iCloud without accessing your phone. In addition, there is a new Radio app that provides access to Beats 1 and other stations. Owners of Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE will be able to listen to music using the watch, even if the phone is not nearby.
New features, improvements and fixes:
- Listen to music on Apple Watch Series 3 via Apple Music or iCloud.
- Hear Beats 1 and more in the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3.
- Use Siri to find, recognize and play songs, playlists and albums.
- Synchronize health data with GymKit, which now reads more reliably.
- Ability to disconnect from Wi-Fi networks at Control Center Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular).
- Fixed issue Apple Watch Series 1 with heart rate change notifications.
- Fixed issue with missing Reminders.
- Fixed issue with no vibration in silent mode.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some Apple Watch (1st generation) not charging.
- Fixed issue with sunset and sunrise times.
- North Chinese is again the standard language in China.
The new version of the system is available for download right now.