Yesterday Apple finally presented iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the most premium iPhone X. The three models have similar content, but they are all different from each other in different characteristics.
There is a good reason that iPhone X is priced at $ 999 while the other two models are priced significantly less. Apple has increased the cost not only because of the frameless OLED – display. There are many exclusive features on iPhone X. Below we have found out how the three new models differ.
Design, display and dimensions
- All three phones are made of glass, but iPhone X has a frameless OLED display.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus have the same design as iPhone 7 and have a Home button with a Touch ID scanner.
- The iPhone 8 has a 4.7-inch 750p display with 326 ppi, the iPhone 8 Plus has a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 401 ppi.
- The iPhone X larger 5.8-inch OLED is a display with a resolution of 1125 × 2436 and 458 ppi.
- The corners OLED of the display on iPhone X are rounded, and on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus the corners are square.
- The OLED – display has support for Dolby Vision and HDR10 technologies.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are not supported.
- iPhone X is smaller than iPhone 8 Plus, but its display is larger.
- iPhone X: 7.7 mm thick, 143.6 mm high and 70.9 mm wide.
- iPhone 8: 7.3 mm thick, 138.4 mm high and 67.3 mm wide.
- iPhone 8 Plus: 7.5 mm thick, 158.4 mm high and 78.1 mm wide.
Processor, RAM and memory
- All three phones are powered by a Apple A11 Bionic 6-core processor.
- It includes a dual-core neural system and an M11 motion coprocessor.
- On iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus 3GB of RAM.
- iPhone 8 only has 2 GB.
- All three phones are available in 64GB and 256GB variants.
- iPhone X has Face ID facial recognition technology.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus still have a second generation Touch ID sensor built into the 'home' button.
- The iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X have a dual 12MP main camera.
- The aperture on both models is f / 1.8, both support optical image stabilization.
- Both phones have portrait mode and portrait light mode.
- The optional 12MP telephoto lens differs on the two devices.
- At iPhone X the aperture is f / 2.4 and there is optical image stabilization.
- The iPhone 8 Plus has a smaller aperture than f / 2.8 and no stabilization.
- iPhone 8 has one 12MP camera with f / 1.8 aperture and OIS.
- All three models have new color filters and improved shooting quality.
- They also have a Quad-LED True Tone flash.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus have a 7MP FaceTime HD camera.
- On iPhone X 7MP TrueDepth camera.
- Thus, the camera supports portrait mode and portrait light mode for selfies.
- All three phones support LTE-A communication, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi and include a Lightning connector.
- iPhone 8 Plus works the same as iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPhone X runs two hours longer than iPhone 8.
- iPhone 8 works the same as iPhone 7.
- All three models support Qi wireless charging and wired fast charging.
Price and availability
- iPhone 8 is the cheapest of the three phones at $ 699.
- iPhone 8 Plus costs $ 799.
- iPhone X with 64GB storage costs $ 999, and with 256GB storage it costs $ 1.149.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be available to order from September 15th.
- iPhone X will only be available to order from October 27th.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will hit stores on September 22nd.
- iPhone X will start selling in 55 countries from November 3rd.
iPhone X without a SIM card in the US will not be available immediately, but iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus without a SIM card can be ordered from September 15th. It is possible that such iPhone X will become available from October 27, but usually Apple postpones the release of such devices for a month. In other countries iPhone X without a SIM card will be available from the day the orders start.