At the moment Apple has managed to release two versions of the firmware for headphones of its own design. If you are at a loss to answer the question of what you need to do to update the firmware on your headphones AirPods, then this instruction is for you.
How to update the firmware AirPods
The answer is very simple: no action is needed. The headphones AirPods are updated automatically when the following conditions are met.
- The headphones AirPods are in the case.
- The case is in charge (although we have heard of a few cases where this was not required).
- The device iOS docked with the charger is in close proximity.
The exact time of the update cannot be predicted, but from experience it can be said that it takes place over the course of one night.
You are probably wondering how to find out the current firmware version AirPods. Fortunately, Apple makes it easy to see it on your iOS – device. Therefore, if you are the proud owner of headphones AirPods (since they are obviously still quite a rare type of electronic device), follow the instructions below to do so.
How to check the current firmware version AirPods
- Make sure your iOS device is paired with your headphones AirPods.
- Take the earbuds AirPods out of the charging case; however, they do not have to be worn.
- Launch the 'Settings' app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Follow the path General> About this device.
- Scroll down and select AirPods.
- After the firmware version of the device itself, you should see the headphone firmware version AirPods.
The latest firmware version AirPods is numbered 3.7.2. If the update hasn't happened yet, place the earbuds in the charging case and hope they update overnight.
It would be great if we had the ability to update manually in order to roll back to the previous firmware version in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Another problem is the lack of any information from Apple what exactly was fixed and what exactly was improved, as opposed to updates iOS. It would be great to receive a list of changes in the latest firmware versions. But at least everything works great – the author did not have any complaints about the update.
In the comments below, you can share your experience regarding the headphone update process.