Hoping to buy iPhone X when its price drops with the second generation release? You are not alone, however, according to renowned analyst Min-Chi Kuo, this will not happen. Rather than lowering prices by iPhone X, Apple will take it off the market to encourage users to favor the newer models.
According to Kuo's report, lowering the price of iPhone X to $ 899 will significantly hurt sales of the 6.1-inch model with Face ID and LCD display. The latter will be released in the second half of the year and will cost $ 650-750. Thus, iPhone X will disappear from the shelves Apple Store closer to autumn.
More specifically, the 2018 iPhone lineup will consist of the 5.8 ″ iPhone X second generation ($ 999), 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus and 6.1 ″ LCD – models. Also on sale will remain iPhone 7, 8 and SE. In terms of prices, the picture will be as follows:
- iPhone SE: $ 349
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: $ 449 and $ 569
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: $ 549 and $ 669
- 6.1 ″ iPhone with Face ID: $ 649 or $ 749
- 5.8 ″ iPhone X second generation: $ 999
- 6.5 ″ iPhone Second Generation X Plus: $ 1,099