Today Apple officially released the final version iOS 12.1.1 after a few weeks of beta testing. The update does not contain significant new features, but the new version includes FaceTime Live Photos, an updated FaceTime interface with convenient quick actions, and more.
Below is the complete postscript to the update.
- Ability to preview notifications with the Haptic Touch (long hold) gesture on iPhone XR.
- ESIM support on iPhone XS, iPhone XSMax and iPhone XR.
- New option to quickly switch between the main and front camera when making a FaceTime call.
- Capable of taking Live Photo while talking on FaceTime.
- Ability to hide the sidebar in the News app to iPad landscape orientation.
- Improved stability when dicting with VoiceOver.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Face ID to become temporarily unavailable.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent loading voicemail.
- Fixed an issue resulting in voice memos not uploading to iCloud.
- Fixed bug preventing automatic change of time zones.
- The overall stability of the operating system has been improved.
- Work has been done to improve optimization on all models iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As usual, today's update can be downloaded and installed 'over the air' via Settings> General> Software Update. To do this, the device must be at least 50% charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network. In addition, you can download the update via a direct link from here.